The SageTea Warehousing System is designed to manage incoming and outgoing items. It includes a process for incoming and outgoing shipments and for creating printouts for incoming boxes. This happens as items are coming in. Once a truck pulls in the unloading area, scanners recognize this and alert the workers. Forklifts are then dispatched for the removal of the items. As the forklifts are being loaded, the boxes are scanned and tracking sheets are printed and attached.
The SageTea Warehousing System includes tools for tracking items in warehouses by recording the boxes as they are coming in and exiting. An integrated security manager gives permission to authorized staff to update information on boxes as they flow smoothly in and out of the warehouse.
Individual users may access the system from the web or from their own SageTea Desktop clients. SageTea Desktop clients are available for all versions of Windows, Linux, Mac as well as Blackberry 10, Playbook and Android based smart phones and tablets.
The SageTea Warehousing System features an optional standard toolbar which provides simple controls for managing any particular item in a workflow. SageTea is a specialization of the Unified Modeling Language (UML) which has the purpose of translating English language text into Software. In SageTea, we refer to “entities”, “objects”, “items” or “forms” simply as a “Group”. When we view screens in the world of SageTea what we mean by “Group” is the item a user is working on at any moment. When a user works with the standard toolbar in a SageTea application, they are able to change which item they are working on by using the buttons. This provides a simple way to handle complex workflows and works well on small screens such as those found on smart phones. This powerful new navigation method also ensures that when users need to work on sophisticated applications with many different screens – they’ll never get lost and always achieve their goals.
Features of the SageTea Warehousing System
- Box check in and check out – The Box check in and check out keep track of incoming and outgoing boxes.It includes the following information: Category, Warehouse Location, Description, Stored In, Box size, Box weight, Days in Warehouse, Quality of Container and a place to add any images if needed. Once a truck pulls into the bay, the workers on the floor are alerted and scanning starts as the boxes are unloaded. Once a box is scanned, the Box check in form is auto populated with a printout that is printed to be attached to the box.
- Dashboard – The SageTea Warehouse Dashboard is designed for managers to be able to view how much inventory they have as well as the amount of space remaining. A search can also be performed to look for a specific box or to look up a customers information.
- Printout – The printout page is what is printed at the time a box is scanned. This has the customers information, barcode #, container info, and Item storage location. The forklift then carries the box to its desired location. This is placed on the side of the box before the forklifts place the box in its desired location.
- Functions in the SageTea toolbar
The standard tool bar can be disabled or enabled from UML+ depending on whether or not it is required for a given user’s role. For web applications which simply need to gather form data from the web, the toolbar can be disabled.
- New – Create a new Group. This will add a new item for your current activity. For example, if you are in sales and you click “New” it will automatically make a new Sales Lead.
- Delete – Remove the current item from your current activity.
- Move – The move function will submit the item you are working on to the next step in the SageTea workflow automatically.
- Link – The link function will make the item in your current view be visible within another item. This allows other users of the system to integrate your information with their view of the workflow.
- Create PDF – Generate a PDF report on the current item in your activity.
- Previous Item – Change your view to look at the previous item in your activity list.
- Next Item – Change your view to look at the next item in your activity list.
- Previous Step – Change your view to a previous activity. This is the next job which you need to handle in your workflow.
- Next Step – Change your view to the next activity. This is the next job which you need to handle in your workflow.
- Find – Open the integrated search engine. This tool allows you to search on any item in your entire database and move directly to any of its related work activities. The search engine also allows you to jump out of your current activity and move directly to another one.
- Help – Open the general help pages for SageTea. Interactive help is also available from the chat system on our website.
- Logout – Exit your current session.